Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nervous!

I'm getting all nail-bitey! I have that Christmas In November Craft Fair coming up and I'm neeerrrrrvous! Although I know it is mainly for getting my name out there and for the experience, I am still worried that my stuff won't sell and I'll be all bummed afterward. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. If I could teach the cats and dog to cross their toes, I would. hehe
Right now I'm focusing on getting samples of what various customised ornaments would look like. I've made a couple using Jamie's niece and nephew in them. Once the event is over, I'll give them to Jamie's sister. Jamie's sister, Sabrina, is actually the one in charge of the event. She's the assistant to the CEO of the YS Fair Board. So Sabrina handles the applications and all that jazz. She also decided where all the vendor were placed. She put me in the second best spot. The best spot is taken by this vendor that is there every year. I'll be the second one in from the front door and next to the food. It's actually between the food and the bathroom. So people will pass it often. Hooray!
I've also got to start focusing on the booth's appearance. I have to make a sign/banner and get some nice display options. I have a couple of mini Christmas trees to put on the ends and I'm thinking Jamie and I will make frames then line them with black velvet or felt and pin pendants to them. Lots of thinking to do!

In other news, I went to Bishop's Pumpkin Farm in Wheatland last Saturday. It was Jamie, Sabrina, Sabrina's DH Eddie and their kids, Jamie and Adreona. It was nice and colourful for photo-taking. Here are a few of the best shots:




And here's a digital layout I did from the day:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Bishops so much! This year, I went pumpkin picking on Sauvie Island with a girl who I met at the zine symposium 2 years ago and we recognized each other. It was super fun, but they didn't have hay rides and carmel apples like Bishops.

Laura Beth said...

I never made it out to Sauvie Island while I was there but I wanted to.
Bishop's rocks! What is a pumpkin patch without hayrides and caramel apples!?